Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Hop, Hop, Hopping....

(blogger is having one of those days...will not let me put this pic upright...)
I am working on this little wall hanging and my sweet gran who is only three was oohing and ahhing over the pretty dotty eggs as she called them...then I added the grass and she said " Monkey, why are you putting grass on the eggs?" I told her they were hiding...then I laid the bunny over the top to make it look as if it were jumping over the eggs...she is standing there looking and finally she says, "Monkey, why is the rabbit jumping over the eggs?"...I proceeded to tell her that the bunny had hidden the eggs in the grass and was hopping away to hide more eggs...she looked at me and then the mini and said, " rabbits don't hide eggs....only chickens have eggs Monkey"...I told her he was the Easter bunny and she said, "nope, bunnies don't have eggs only chickens do"...then she turned in huff and did not want to talk about the bunny and the eggs anymore...it was all I could do not to laugh as she was so serious...and no, she knew absolutely nothing about the Easter bunny until my conversation with her...even after her mom telling her about the bunny with the eggs, she does not want to hear it...she is so literal at this age...so funny...
Along the bunny trail...these little goodies are winging their way to a very special person...hope they arrive soon...
And this one should be arriving any day now...will reveal all soon so stay tuned...
Wendy

3 comments:

Maria said...

What a fabulous post. Just loved reading about your little GD and how sweet you are " Monkey"
Oh lovely wall hanging and those parcels look sew nice too.

Karen said...

I have no problem with bunnies jumping over eggs...but don't tell Gran!! I love it, very Easter, very sweet.....
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

Jewells said...

so cute!.. kids say the darnest things!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails