Pages

Friday, January 03, 2014

DJ Start....

maybe...I am so discouraged with this block...this is my practice block...between the drawing of the block, cutting out pattern, ironing to fabric, then cutting fabric with scant quarter inch seam allowances and then trying to sew this together...let me say I have a huge and horrible headache...I don't know why this block is being so hard for me to get it right...not only is it super time consuming working on this block, but it is very fiddly as well...it only has 28 pieces to it, so surely I could get it right...not going to happen today...can you tell I am frustrated with this...I am so frustrated and my head hurts so much I am thinking about ditching this quilt before it even gets started...especially since the dry run practice block is being a pain...no wonder it takes forever and a day to make one of these...I am thinking about selling mine to someone who wants to make a Rainbow Jane...it was a bom and I have all the fabric for it as well as the book...fabric has not been touched...my plan was to make a practice block to get a feel for each block and then use the bom fabrics...like I said it. gave. me. a. headache.!!!! Maybe things will look better in the morning...who knows...I may try again, but doubt it...

For those who are checking on the "Traveling Stash Box" come by tomorrow for that post...
Wendy

2 comments:

marina said...

My head hurts at the very mention of DJ.
Maybe just jump into the fabrics you were keen to use?
Hope you get over the hurdle on this project.

Jane said...

I've known some people leave out blocks, or do them in a different order. Maybe put this to one side, do another one and come back to this with fresh eyes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails