Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What I have been up too.......

I have been busy with outside things lately such as gardening and such......my dad and I planted four rows of bunch beans, thirty one tomato plants, and two and a half rows of two different types of squash......dad had already planted forty two rows of peas.....now to water, weed and watch it grow......my peaches are ready and the fig trees are loaded with figs.....one grape vine has lots of grapes and the muscadine vines are loaded which means lots of jelly.....also the crab apple trees are loaded as well as the regular apple trees......will be making jelly and applesauce come fall...may dry some for pies also.......on the sewing front I have been busy......Made a Santa Sack, Christmas coasters and a mini quilt......they are below....
This is the Santa Sack I made.........
This is the Santa Sack that I received from Sammie...
 We sent along three gifts with our sack for the first month.....this swap runs from July to December with each person sending their partner two gifts a month to put into the sack......on Christmas we open all the gifts that our partner has sent to us.....so I can't show the gifts I sent until Christmas.....

These are the Christmas coasters that I made for the handmade swap......I made these for Danielle......and there are eight of them......
And this is what she made for me........thank you Danielle......
This is the practice mini quilt I made for the DollQuiltSwap11......the theme is true mini with the size being 9" to 18"......this was fun and I enjoyed making it....
Now all I have to do is make my mini quilt for my swap partner.....will post the plan tomorrow.....below are the fabrics that I am using....
 I have some wonderful news to share in a week or so....I am so thrilled about it and it is really hard not to post about it......but once I receive a certain item I will tell you all about it......On a different note, my sweet hubby came in today with a most awesome gift for me.....a singer treadle sewing machine.....this machine is in excellent shape and is sew ready!!!!!!! I am doing such a big happy dance!!!! I have wanted one of these for over 10yrs......it has lots of attachments also.....I will post a pic soon......I am going to give her a test run later today.......now off to draft the mini quilt.......

Until Next Time,
Wendy

1 comment:

Love Bears All Things said...

Hey Wendy,
I was wondering what you might be up to since you hadn't posted in a while. You are going to be busy with the garden and canning. We have a garden but it is small.
I love all of the projects you posted.
Happy to see the package arrived.
Mama Bear

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails