Pages

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Jewels on Black RR Blocks

Here are my blank blocks for the Jewels on Black RR that I am in over on CQI. Each block will finish at 6 inches by 6 inches when finished. These will be for a wall hanging in my bedroom which is done in black and jewel tones. This is going to be a great RR for me as I love to use beautiful jewel tones to stitch with. So this is definitely in my comfort zone. Can't wait to see these beauties finished and back home, which will be sometime in Feb. 2011. The dots on these are showing up white, but they are actually charcoal in color. I had fun making these blocks and may make a couple of pillows for the bed while I am at it.
Well Christmas is going to be here before we know it and I am so excited as it is my most favorite holiday. We don't celebrate halloween, but I do love fall and the season of thanksgiving that it brings with it. More on that at a later date. Back to Christmas.....I am already getting my gifties in order for family this year. I am also working on some swaps that I am currently in and this week will actually finish two of them. Will post pics later of those once they reach their intended recipient. I love the cooler weather that we have been having. We went for a little day trip over the weekend and I found ten pieces of Alabama turquoise and one emerald. But the best part was spending time with the family. DH also bought me two new antique sewing machines over the weekend at a ridiculously low fee. Will be posting more on those later this week. Have a great day.


Happy Stitching,
Wendy

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Your blocks are going to be so pretty, I too favor the jewel tones. Looking forward to pictures as they get done.

Elaine said...

I received a note today saying you are my fall basket swap partner. I can't wait to start looking for things that will intrest you. I have already found a basket.

Will be reading your blog and getting to know what you like.


Elaine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails