Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Some Swap Goodies

Here are some items I have made for some swaps that I have been in and have not posted about. These are what I have sent to my partners. The first one is a Tussie Mussie swap and this is the one I made for my partner which was Ruth. Also included in the box was three fat quarters for her.
This photo does not do the colors justice. The green is a wonderful lime green and the purple is irredescent. I also used some vintage crochet for the top. The next swap was for the Spring FQ swap over on Dutch Colors. We were to make a little something and send our partners two fat quarters. When I came across this little shoe I just had to have it to make a pin cushion for my swap partner. When I bought it most of the beads were gone from it. This was actually a flower pick. But I just knew it would be a cute pincushion. So I rebeaded it and used some blue velvet I have for my crazy quilting. I think it turned out really well. I sent four fat quarters, some note cards and a kitchen towel set. Oh, I also decorated the box I sent it in to look Spring like. It is a photo holder box so Zuzana can use it to keep photo's in as well. Hope she likes it.



I liked the little shoe so much I went back and purchased a green one for myself. I still have to rebead it and make the pincushion part. I will show pics of it when I finish it. This one was so easy to make and I think it is cute. I am finally getting back to normal after all the sinus crud going on. Also, I won the threads on Cathys blog! I will post a pic of them when they arrive until then.........

Happy Stitching,
Wendy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails