Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Great Find!

Just had to post my great find of the week. I went to the local thrift store and found this beauty! And it works, sews like a dream. This little baby hums and stitches ever so fast! Nice neat tiny stitches. But the best thing about this is the cost, only $6.88, what a bargain. This is the third one I have found at the same store, and yes I bought each of them and they all work! I now have a total of eight machines one of which is an embroidery machine. And I do have my eye on a treadle machine that will be coming to live with me soon, also in working order. Anyhow, now to clean up the machine and she can join the others in my sewing room.Another great find and this one was for free! A friend of my aunts has a little shop that she sells vintage items and bric brac in gave me this 50's sewing box. The box still had some sewing items in it. How cute is this sewing box, I like the poodle on the top. My mom said she could remember these from when she was growing up. The color is a very light pink, I don't know why the photo did not show the true color.The velvet inside is faded but other than that the whole thing is in wonderful shape. No holes or bad spots on the case at all. I have also knitted some more on my shawl that I am making, so I am making progress on that as well. I have also knitted a couple more of my dishcloths that I have been making. Will post pics soon of those. But for now, here is my knitting project. I am so used to crochet being so much faster that it is hard not to have already completed this project or maybe I am just a very slow knitter. Anyhow, I just love the way the colors fall in project. This will be really nice when finished and I will be offering it on my Artfire site when completed.
I am also making pin cushions for the site as well as a few more offerings and will be posting about them soon. Well I have lots to do on today so I will get back to work. Have a good and relaxing weekend and will post again soon.
Happy Stitching Everyone,

8 comments:

Jane said...

What a stunning sewing machine, I have my great grandmothers and love they way they look

Wendy said...

I just love these old sewing machines. I try to rescue as many as I can.lol

Beena said...

Wow! What a bargain, indeed! Even if it didn't work, I'd love to find one of these at that price! Amazing!

Off to go check out your site!

Beena said...

Can you post a link to your artfire page(s)? I looked in your profile, and in a few posts but haven't found it.

Melissa said...

I'm still waiting to find a machine like that! I'd love to have one to display in my sewing room!

Judy S. said...

Wow, Wendy, you could have quite a sewing session with all of those machines! I love that colorway of Homespun...which one is it?

susan said...

oh wow! what an awesome find!
i would have been jumping up and down!

Micki said...

Thanks for following my blog, and now I am an official follower of yours. We have a lot in common. Besides our quilting and knitting, I also love older Singer machines. With me, it is a love of featherweights. They are really wonderful machines, and so easy to take to bees. I lvoed your blog and your work is beautiful!
Micki

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails