Pages

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Small Update

Well it has been a while since I last posted anything crafty. But alas things here have been really hectic. With my sitting at hospital with my aunt who is doing better but now has pneumonia and is back in hospital. She was only home for five days, but at least she is on the mend and not near death this time. While sitting at hospital somehow I pulled a muscle in my back and am now having to wear a brace and my back hurts most of the time. But I have been able to do some stitching on the RR's that I am in. The first RR is the one on CQI group and it is a Traditional Anything Goes RR. This is the block that I have worked on this past month. I hope that Lisa likes what I have done on her block. She had enclosed some crocheted flowers that her aunt had made for someone in the group to use. I decided to go ahead and use them. I did not embellish them much, just a little beading in the center of the flowers. I did not want to overdo the beading and take away from the beauty of the flowers themselves. I did enjoy working on her block. She had nice soft colors and wanted us to think spring. Here is what I did on her block. First I did a seam of feather stitching with beading.

Next is the crocheted flowers that I used. The seam directly above is one I finished along with the seam of butterflies on the right of the flowers. The seam above is chain stitched in Carons wildflowers with beaded flowers and then dragonfly beads in each half circle. The pink butterflies are done in variegated thread DMC #5 with pink chech beads.
The next RR is the Birds and Bees RR on CQI also. The first block that I had is Lyn G's and she wanted us to plant her a garden. Truthfully this block posed a problem for me as I did not really know how to go about planting her garden if you will. So with much thought I decided that every garden needs a tree. At least all my flower gardens have always had trees and those of my mother have trees in them also. So I decided to plant a tree in her garden. I did a tree with french knots for the green leaves and outline stitch for the tree branches and trunk of the tree. I have never made a tree out of french knots before and did not realize how time consuming it was! But I love how the tree came out, it is really nice and I will definitely be doing more in the future. Next I put little dots of color to represent flox at the base of the tree. At the bottom I tried to do flowers to resemble bluebells, but did not hit the mark on those. The other flowers were made to represent hollyhocks like in my moms garden. I hope Lyn likes what I did on her block.

Here is the tree:Next is the flowers

Last is the overall pic of the whole block.


I have no idea why one picture is so light and the others so dark. Hmmmm.......will have to find out why. I did crochet a lap-gan while sitting with my aunt at the hospital and will post a pic of it tomorrow. For some reason I could not upload it on blogger tonight. So I guess I will say good night and happy stitching everyone.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Great job! I love your tree!

Judy S. said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt, Wendy. I hope she'll be much better soon. You, too; it's no fun having a sore back. Love your tree...you sure made a lot of French knots! The flowers are nice, too. Take care.

quiltlion said...

Wendy, Prayers are going out to your Aunt! I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE what you planted in my garden! The tree is awesome!(Dont forget to add it to the CQI Challenge album for this month!) Thank you so much for all your hard work! Lyn G

Nancy G said...

Prayers to you and your family. Love your work, you are truly blessed with talent.
Hope you feel better soon!

Rengin Yazitas said...

Dear Wendy,
I keep you and your family in my prayers.
I hope your back sore doesn't bother you longer.
Your tree and all other work looks fantastic.
TAke care of yourself!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails