Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Small Update

Well I am finally able to do some updates that I had wanted to do on last week, but never seemed to have the time. And today is going to be fairly busy as well. My daughter has court today regarding the beating that she took a few weeks back (details in a previous post). We are hoping that today will end in her favor with him being put in jail. We will just have to wait and see. Anyhow I do have some pics of my RR block that I have been working on in the CQI group, FF Sampler RR, it is Amy's block. I have done the stitching and all I have left is to add the beads, which I will do tonight and then mail it off tomorrow. Her block has been a good one to work on and very pleasing to look at. Here are the seams that I have worked on These two pics are of the buttonhole stitch and the row of roses that I did. There will be beads in the middle of the roses and in the wheels. I tried to remove the duplicate but for some reason blogger would not let me.
Here is the row of roses :This is the patch with the ribbon , I really like the way the ribbon went with the colors in this block. It has many of the colors that I like as well.
Finally this is Amy's whole block.
Now this has nothing to do with sewing but I just had to post this pic of the pumpkin stew that I made. Since the weather is getting a nip to it I decided that it was time for some good comfort food. This was a new recipe for me, but it was so good. Talk about a good dish for cold weather, well this really hit the spot. You actually cook the stew in the pumpkin!
And here is a pic of a bowl of this goodness!
Not only does this taste really good, but the smells while it cooks is wonderful your whole house smells like pumpkin with a blending of the other flavors. I will definitely be cooking this again. This is all I have for today until next time Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love those roses< Wendy! Good luck to your daughter.

Jane said...

Hope all goes well today with your daughter. I love the way you have used the buttonhole stitch, makes for a really interesting seam

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Wendy. I truly love your stitching. Hugs Judy

Anonymous said...

Amy's block looks great completed. The stitching that you did was great. I wanted to add more but wanted to make room for the rest of you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails