Pages

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Update on Carol's Block

Just an update on the RR block that I have been working on in the CQI RR Sampler Stitches that I am in. This is still Carol's block that I have now, I have completed a spider web on the central patch of the block. I learned two things while doing this. 1) I hate working with that metal thread because it tangles and bends so easy. 2) That even though I hate it, it does make a delicate looking web. So I guess it is worth it, I don't know. Most people just couch it down, but no I had to stitch it using a back stitch. But I do like how it turned out. All I have to do now is put the spider on the web. Also, I am going to put some flowers around the web as well, just need to decided what kind I will do. Then all I will have to do is the beading on the previous seam and this block will be ready to go to the next person. The pictures are not all that good due to the shine factor, and these two are the best out of about ten.

I have also made this pin cushion and am working on several other projects. No photos of them as of yet. But, I did take a quick one of the pin cushion. I still need to make the bow for this and it will be complete.



That's all for now maybe I will have more photo's to share later today or tomorrow. Until then Happy Stitching,

3 comments:

Jane said...

The web looks fantastic, so all the effort was worthwhile. Can't wait to see the finish

Gina E. said...

Oh Wendy, I just love the effect of stitching the web in backstitch!! I have yet to do the web on my first CQ block and have been putting it off because I figured I was going to have to do couching stitch like everyone else. Then you came along with a different technique - do you mind if I copy you??!

Wendy said...

Hi Gina, of course you can copy me. The backstitch makes the web look so delicate, it was fun to do this web with this particular stitch. Wendy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails