Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

Now lets get started on the crafty part of this post. I have lots to share so be patient and I hope you enjoy the eye candy. I am currently in a purple color study rr on CQFN and we are just finishing up. This is the last block I am to do in this rr. This is Lindy's block from over the big pond in the great down under. I added a seam treatment of purple roses, and let me tell you it was so hard not to put green for the leaves, but I think the light lilac thread I chose went well with the darker purple flowers. Then I did a seam treatment with purple ric-rac with straight stitches and french knots. I still need to do the patch and I will do it on tonight and then put it in the mail on tomorrow. Here are the pics of Lindy's block :
The next grouping is from a rr I am in on CQI it is called FF Sampler which is a sampling of a variety of stitches for the seam treatments. This month was the Chevron stitch and French Knots. You can also use the previous stitches if you would like. I have had Laura's princess block and have worked on the center motif, and three seam treatments. Ordinarily it would have just been two seams, but we had someone to drop out and therefore we decided to pick up the slack and continue on with just the four of us. Anyhow, I think each part of this block turned out well. I am happy with what I have done and I hope that Laura will like it as well. Take a look and see what you think:
I beaded the bodice of her gown with pink seed beads, the white flowers on the fabric I covered with the fuchia detached chain daisy, and french knots all around the block. You can't see it in this pic, but I put white french knots on the hem of the dress and it looks like a petticoat is peeping out of the bottom. At least that is what it reminds me of. I just followed the white that was already there and made it three dimensional with the knots.
Now you can see the seam treatment with the Chevron Stitch applied. That color just pops on this block. Next we have the cretan stitch that I decided to do in yellow. I think it turned out well, and this is a stitch that I like better as a leaf, but decided to try it this way as well. You can also see the French Knots as the petticoat here. Overall I think it turned out well and I am happy with the results of my work on this block. I hope Laura likes it as well. I was in a fabric post card swap on Stitchin Fingers and here is the pc that I recieved as well as the one I sent. Mine was sent to Ati in Norway, and it has yet to arrive at its new home. I am hoping that it will arrive this week sometime, if not I will be sending her out another one to replace this one.

And this is the one I recieved in the swap. It is from Mary Lou Curry over on Stitchin Fingers is it not beautiful.
Now, (see I told you this would be a long post. lol) I was also in a Dotee doll swap and here is the one I recieved back from Carmen. Isn't she cute. I believe that is all I have as far as the crafty side of my post. I do have a couple more pics I want to share with you. Remember the new puppy my son aquired for himself. Well he has grown some and I wanted to update his pic. So here is Riddick in all his glory!lol. This puppy is so adorable and loveable, and into everything.lol This little puppy has worked his magic on me to say the least. I am so besotted with him!lol. He has a wonderful personality and is my constant shadow. He goes with me every step I take and is sitting with me even now as I type this. I am beginning to wonder who owns who as he is supposed to be my sons dog, yet he is always underfoot.lol. I do hope you all enjoy the post today and maybe it wont take me so long the next post as I am winding down on several projects that have kept me busy, the most being getting my house in order. I am very happy to have that out of the way and am looking forward to having more free time in the future to work on my quilting and such. I am currently making a to do list of projects that need to be finished soon. The list just seems to be growing and increasing daily, then of course I have my trusty want to get around to doing list as well. This list has projects that I want to do in my lifetime, so I have no time to be idle.lol as if I could ever be idle and not doing something. Anyhow until next time Happy Stitching everyone.

Wendy

5 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Great work on the CQ blocks!! Very nice seam treatments. I loveeeee your doggies . He is adorable. I know what you mean about who owns who lol

Blessings,

Mrs. B

Wendy said...

Thank you Mrs. B. Funny how dogs decide to own you.lol And he is so pretty I just can't help myself when it comes to him.

Jane said...

The CQ blocks are fantastic. Love the idea of using variations of the same colour. Beautiful

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Your CQ blocks are lovely, and I find the princess simply enchanting!!!

floristic said...

The work that you did to my princess block was gorgeous. I will have to get more fabric and make a entire quilt for my nieces with that type of embellishing. You gave me good ideas on how to make a better quilt blocks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails